MOISTURE present in enclosed spaces over a period of time leads to many unwanted issues. They either DAMAGE VALUABLES and BELONGINGS stored in these areas such as PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT, PICTURES, ELECTRONICS, PIANO (internal), METAL ARTIFACTS, FOODSTUFF, PAPER PRODUCTS, CLOTHES, LEATHERS and FOOTWEAR or encourage BACTERIAL GROWTH (visible or invisible) like the unsightly MOULD and MILDEW growth and often times the presence of offending ODOR. Particularly in warm and humid climates, these are real issues which present constant challenges in the HOME and OFFICE environments.
Not anymore! You can now control and eliminate this with the introduction of our NEW, SAFE and LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION ELECTRIC DEHUMIDIFIER RODS. The perfect solution for every household and office for eliminating moisture and foul air in all enclosed storage spaces.
Once correctly installed, the DEHUMIDIFIER RODS gets to work immediately. Operating silently and continuously in the background without the need for any maintenance to protect all your valuables and belongings. Indeed some of your valuables may be priceless treasures such as memorabilias, past photos, etc. This is where your initial investment in this protective system pays for itself in the long run and keep your most valued items safe.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once installed, the maintenance free DEHUMIDIFIER ROD goes to work immediately gradually warming up the air that surrounds it. It may take 10 minutes or longer for the warmth to build up depending on the initial surrounding temperature/humidity condition. The surface temperature of the HUMIDIFIER ROD will reach 50 deg C over time. As it does, the surrounding warm air expands and rises as its density reduces. As it continues to rise, heat is dissipated to its surroundings and the heated air begins to cool as it makes its way to the top. Cool air becomes relatively denser and now begins to descend only to be met and warmed up again when it reaches the DEHUMIDIFIER ROD below. The entire heat transfer process repeats itself. The continuous warm air flow created will not only circulate and dry out the humidity, remove dampness and odor in the enclosed space, but the slightly positive air pressure caused by the warm expanded air inside the enclosed space pushes stale air to the outside and is replaced by fresh air coming back in. This air exchange characteristic works well even in enclosed spaces with vents or gaps present that allows the fresh air transfer to take place.
(A) Begin with the selection of the right DEHUMIDIFIER ROD model/length that would fit your needs in terms of size of the enclosed space or room.
- Model KH-12 (12 inches length, 8.5 Watts) - Effective Volumetric Space Coverage = 100 cu.ft
- Model KH-18 (18 inches length, 14.0 Watts) - Effective Volumetric Space Coverage = 200 cu.ft
NOTE: Voltage is 220V AC~50Hz
As An Example of How You Would Do This:
If the enclosed space is a wardrobe or cabinet with internal spatial dimensions of 5ft (Wide) x 2 ft (Deep) x 6ft (High) = 60 cu.ft (Space Volume), we will use the 12 inch length (Model KH-12) DEHUMIDIFIER ROD which has a slightly larger effective capacity of 100 cu.ft versus your need for 60 cu.ft. This is to ensure there will be effective humidity control.
If however the space volume needing humidity control is larger than the capacity of a single DEHUMIDIFIER ROD like a 250 cu.ft sized storeroom, you can opt to install one 18 inch length (Model KH-18) plus one 12 inch length (Model KH-12) DEHUMIDIFIER ROD which is sufficient to control the humidity of the whole room.
(B) Install the DEHUMIDIFIER ROD at the bottom and rear of the enclosed space. Wherever possible, install the DEHUMIDIFIER ROD in a horizontal position instead of vertical position for more effective warming, although installing in a vertical position is still acceptable if limited by mounting space availability.
(C) For multilayer compartmentalized spaces or shelving without air gaps in between the layers, you can drill small holes between these layers to allow warm air circulation. Alternatively install separate DEHUMIDIFIER RODS for each compartment for a more effective humidity control.
1. For larger enclosed spaces far exceeding the effective capacity of the largest available DEHUMIDIFIER ROD, MULTIPLE DEHUMIDIFIER RODS may be used in a distributed manner for effective humidity control.
2. Although it is possible to use an intermediate power timer for energy saving purposes, to assure the full effectiveness of the DEHUMIDIFIER ROD, you are encouraged to allow it to run continuously as is is designed for very LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION costing only a few cents a day.
1. There should not be any direct contact between the DEHUMIDIFIER ROD's heated surface and any fabric/plastic material for an extended period as discoloration or damage may be caused to them.
2. Voltage rating of DEHUMIDIFIER ROD is 220V~50Hz. Please use transformer to step down if you have a 110V power supply. We cannot accept returns for damaged electronic item caused by a different power supply without using a transformer.
3. Do not attempt to dismantle the DEHUMIDIFIER ROD for safety and warranty reasons.
(D) If you require installation services especially for cable routing and additional power points, we are able to arrange for a fee. Please email us at Enquiries@KlicHome.com leaving us your name, telephone number and nature of request. We will be glad to assist you.